Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Late on period, please advise.
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Late on period, please advise. - June 20th 2016, 10:05 PM

Hey,

So while using protection is better than nothing, typically condoms can only prevent pregnancy about 80% of the time. Even if you don't see a hole, doesn't mean there isn't a tear too small for your eyes to see. So, there is always a possibility of pregnancy if you use protection or not. Protection just makes it less likely.

You have to wait at least fourteen days after you have sex for an over the counter pregnancy test to work. So if you conceived on the 10th, you can't expect a positive pregnancy test until at least the 24th. However, taking a test is the only way to know if you are pregnant. You would not be experiencing any pregnancy symptoms this early, the only indicator that pregnancy is possible is a missing period. So for now, just try to relax as you wait a few more days. You can buy pregnancy tests over the counter at any grocery store or pharmacy.

Now a missed period doesn't mean that you are pregnant, but since you are sexually active it is worth taking a test to make sure. Periods can be late or not come at all for many reasons, mainly stress or illness. I know that relaxing right now seems impossible, but the more you stress, the further you can delay your period.

If you plan on having sex again in the future, know that there are more effective forms of birth control out there. You will need to talk to your doctor about what your best options are and to get a prescription.

I hope that answered your questions, please feel free to let us know if you have more.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~