Thread: Triggering (Suicide): My parents don't know how much they hurt me.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ATwentyCharacterName Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Luke
Gender: Technically, I'm legally female, if that's what you'd prefer, but I prefer being called a guy

Points: 4,525, Level: 9 Points: 4,525, Level: 9 Points: 4,525, Level: 9

Re: My parents don't know how much they hurt me. - June 22nd 2016, 11:03 PM

@Nora Wex,

Thanks so much for the advice.

I honestly would love to ask for professional help from maybe a therapist or counselor, but my parents would never approve. They would ask why I need a therapist and if I tell them about how I feel, they'd just bring up all of the reasons why they treat me the way I do all of the things I've ever done wrong, and yell at me and send me to my room for a day, leaving me even more miserable than before. And if I asked a counselor at my school, they'd contact my parents about seeing me before my appointments with them, even if I've specifically asked them not to. I know the counselor all too well. And I'm rather embarrassed of my situation, because I feel like if I tell her she will criticize me just like my parents and basically everyone else in my family. As for calling a hotline, I have no phone as of right now, since my parents took away mine. And if I'm caught using my parents home phone, they'll take it away from me and ask me what I was using it for, and talk to the peson on the other end. And besides, if my parents found out I was going to a counselor, they'd get mad and take me out and tell me they don't need advice on the situation because they are "great and successful parents already".

I'm not trying to say that your advice did not help, because it certainly did. It's just that my options on the situation are extremely limited. Although the counselor may tell my parents, I am considering going to the school counselor. So thanks so much for the insight you gave on my situation with my parents.