View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: Do I have an Eating Disorder? - July 3rd 2016, 03:12 AM

It isn't an eating disorder unless you are consciously or semi-consciously restricting your caloric intake for the purpose of unhealthy weight control. Not eating because of simply not getting hungry, or not being hungry for the "healthy" foods that are available is not an eating disorder. Lack of hunger has many causes- some psychological and some physical. A common psychological cause is having high anxiety. If you are anxious all the time, you may never be in the mood to eat- which is different from anorexia- as it has a different cause. I have this problem- where I get so absorbed in anxiety that I won't have the motivation to eat. When you are anxious, your body releases more adrenaline and stress hormones- which have the effect of causing stomach discomfort and lack of appetite. If you have an untreated anxiety disorder, this can cause long-term lack of appetite and weight loss.

But if your ribs are showing, you should see a different doctor to get to the reason as to why you aren't ever hungry.