(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: not sure if pregnant? - July 4th 2016, 05:59 PM

Hey,

So while using protection does greatly lower the chance of pregnancy, it doesn't completely eliminate the possibility. One of the down sides of not allowing yourself to have a period is the fact that you can't tell if you missed one or not. The ultimate 1st pregnancy symptom is a missing period. If you are worried about being pregnant taking a pregnancy test is the only way to find out. You have to wait at least fourteen days after having sex for it to be accurate. So if you this worried about being pregnant, I think taking a test will be the best way to gain some peace of mind.

Have you talked to your doctor about the way you are treating your birth control pills? There are certain types of birth control that let you skip your period, but the fact that your pack has sugar pills, makes me think you are not taking them the way they are meant to be taken. If you don't follow the directions exactly on your birth control, that could increase the likelihood of getting pregnant. So, you need to talk to your doctor if you want to switch to a type that allows you to safely miss a period. The bleeding could very well be caused by the fact that you are missing your period. The lining of your uterus does need to shed at some point and you may just start spotting all of the time to compensate for that.

Implantation bleeding is extremely light, we are talking a few drops of blood, not enough to even get on your underwear. Just noticeable when you wipe. It also doesn't always occur, so it is very likely that the blood you saw is not from implantation. We could try to guess what caused the blood, like long finger nails, but at the end of the day, the only way to know if you are pregnant is to wait four more days and take a test.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~