View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Would you be willing to wait until after school for sex? - July 7th 2016, 10:18 PM

If he respects you, he should be willing to wait. I have been dating my partner since the end of my freshman year of high school and we waited two years, when were were seniors, until we both felt emotionally ready to make that kind of decision and that we could deal with the consequences. He was ready before I was, but he waited because he respected and cared about me.

I'd definitely consider birth control options now (before you're sexually active) so if you're looking into exploring different options, here is a great site for it! The IUD and the implant are the most effective methods at preventing pregnancy, and if you combine with a condom (which also protects against STIs), chances of bad effects are very small. However, you're right to be concerned-there is always a chance! Therefore, waiting until you would be ready to deal with the consequences (either pregnancy or an infection) is a great choice.

something burning?