(#16 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21 Points: 21,912, Level: 21

Re: I'm Pregnant and I'm only 13 - July 14th 2016, 12:26 PM

Hi,

Where do you live? Do you have Planned Parenthood somewhere close by? Do you think this is something you can discuss with your parents? And if not, is there any other adult you can speak with about this, who would be able to get you to a doctor and see what your options are?

First, you need to decide what you want to do. You need to tell your step brother about this. Take a breather. You're probably terrified. It's okay that you feel that way. It's a natural response, especially since the pregnancy was unplanned and you are so young. Try not to panic.

As hard as it may seem, talk to someone about it. Talk to them so you can get the help and care that you need.

If you don't want to keep the baby, you are still very early on in the pregnancy to terminate it as opposed to having an abortion.

If you want to keep the baby, you need to tell your step brother that and talk to your parents as well about the pregnancy. It's your decision whether you want to tell your parents that your step brother is the father. If you'd rather not, that's okay for now. Just get the medical assistance you need at this point.

Do you think you could do that?

Take care,
Kaveri

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011