View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I've been here a while

Name: Lauren

Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22 Points: 24,303, Level: 22

Re: Scared to go back to school and don't know what to do - July 30th 2016, 08:06 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you've experienced this throughout school. It is unacceptable for students to treat you like this and I really hope that things get better for you. For a lot of people high school can be hard and it is almost impossible to avoid all bullies. But you must remember that you are above them and what they say to you does not matter. I've always tried to remind myself of that throughout school, and it can be hard at times, but it's something we have to constantly remember!

I also think it's important to let a staff member at your school know. Things like humping your desk or taking pictures of you are inappropriate and need to be addressed. They can also possibly help you cope with the rude things they do.

Of course, sometimes talking to a staff member doesn't work for numerous reasons, and sometimes you do have to do things yourself to alleviate the situation. When students would harass me or make fun of me I often times did my best to ignore it and walk away. Get out of the situation. I also would sometimes deal with it with humor. I'd just say some snide remark back to show them what they said had no affect on me, and sometimes they would eventually get that they weren't getting the reaction they wanted and leave me alone.

I also want you to remember that high school is a short period in your life. It may have some parts you don't like, but focus on you. These mean guys don't deserve your attention. You are there to do better things and go on to do bigger things! And eventually you'll be out of there before you know it.

Good luck this year!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."