Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Grad School and Low GPA - August 1st 2016, 04:49 AM

Hi Guys,

It has been a while since I've posted for advice but I'm stuck and I do not know what to do. I'm kind of panicking right now.
I have a very low GPA (I'm not on academic probation, have not been academically dismissed and I have not had those actions discussed with me). My GPA is above a 2.0 (which is required to keep financial aid) but it is below a 3.0) which is required for just about every grad program I looked at.
I'm first trying to decide if taking the GRE would be worth showing the proof I can indeed do academic work or if it would be a waste of time and energy. Any thoughts?
Second, since my GPA is crap, is there any way an admissions committee would accept me. I have legitimate reasons for having such a low GPA. Is there any way I can explain my reasoning and prove to them that I can do the work?
I've seen `on some college websites that they only look at the last 60 credits but some of that is not very great while some of it is.
Has anyone else ever been in this place?
I know what I want to study but I cannot get in any program in the field without a 3.0 minimum or a school taking my circumstances into consideration.
Thanks for anyone that reads all of this and responds.
Christina

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."