View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Em. Offline
I don't even like cats
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Points: 12,776, Level: 16 Points: 12,776, Level: 16 Points: 12,776, Level: 16

Talking didn't work - August 9th 2016, 09:40 PM

I've posted about this quite a few times a while ago but I'll go over what happened again.

So between this ages of 9-15 I was sexually abused by my neighbour who was only a year older than me, and then when I was 15 I was sexually assaulted by my neighbour at a family party.

With my cousin he was very drunk and he has acted normal with me since but I avoid him as much as possible at first I questioned whether he remembered it at all but just before he did it I told him I fancied a boy called Aiden and the next time I saw him he asked how Aiden was so surely if he remembers that name then he must remember assaulting me?!

But yeah anyway so I struggled with not telling anyone for a long time, I told my sister and she was supportive but I wanted professional help. The day before my 18th my mum took my phone and read some messages about it and I was forced to tell her, she just laughed and said that I'm not a victim and said I should not tell anyone about it because I don't want to make out im a victim and said she'll be annoyed if i tell anyone. I'm currently at sixthform at my school and I really want to tell this teacher about it because I want someone to understand why my grades have gotten so bad the last few years. I was so scared of my mum finding out and i thought once she knew I could talk to someone and now I'm gutted that my mum reacted like that. The school would have to call home and I can't deal with my mum being angry with me because she makes life hell and I don't want to go down that route again.

Any advice please?