View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
thenorthremembers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ~

Points: 4,209, Level: 9 Points: 4,209, Level: 9 Points: 4,209, Level: 9

Re: 6 days late with a negative test. Could I still be pregnant? - August 14th 2016, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
I don't know how common false negatives are. I do know that most the times doctors offices use the same pregnancy tests that you can buy in the store. If that comes up positive they will do a blood test to determine if you are pregnant and possibly a few other things.

This only comes from the few times I've had pregnancy scares. One month I missed my period altogether and the doctors office told me to take a test. They didn't request to see me or anything like that.

If you don't start your period then you should call your doctor just to check in with them. I don't know what they will say and they might treat it differently then my doctor did.

I would say that stress might be the reason you are missing your period. I know I missed my period a few years ago and I was under quite a bit of stress which ended up, likely, being the reason.
I'd have to agree with you. With everything that's been going on in my life the past few months mixed with a new semester of college rolling around the corner, I can honestly say that I've never been this stressed in my life, so I'm quite positive that that's the reason I'm so late. I'm still cramping, probably because my body knows I should be having my period right now and it's confused. The only time I have ever missed my period completely was once back in middle school. But I was stressing myself late even back then. Gotta love anxiety, right?

I've taken two tests now and they both came up as very strong negatives. Very dark right away. But I obviously still waited the full 3 minutes to examine the test. If nothing comes by the time I get back from vacation, I'll make an appointment with my doctor to figure things out.
Like I said, I really don't think I'm pregnant. I just have really awful anxiety and I'm sure I'm just late due to stress. It also seems like I keep getting longer and longer cycles as I get older. It's strange.

Out of curiosity, how many times have you ever missed a period completely (like not from pregnancy)?

Also, in regard to how common false negatives are, I did a little reading and false negatives really only happen if a woman takes a test too early (like before her missed period), or doesn't follow the instructions properly.
I took my tests on the evening of my 6th day late and the morning of my 7th day late, so I would think it'd detect the hormone if it was there.

Last edited by thenorthremembers; August 14th 2016 at 04:53 AM.