View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
thenorthremembers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ~

Points: 4,209, Level: 9 Points: 4,209, Level: 9 Points: 4,209, Level: 9

Re: 6 days late with a negative test. Could I still be pregnant? - August 14th 2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
Hey,

To answer your question I have missed my period twice. Once was a few years ago, I wasn't sexually active or anything, so the only thing I can contribute it too was stress. The other time I missed a period I was sexually active and on birth control. This can sometimes happen with birth control and I had taken it differently then I normally do which might have been a factor.

I think calling your doctor to schedule something is a good idea if your period doesn't come. It's always wise to check in with your doctor if things are going weird with your body.

And, I think that if you were getting a false negative it wouldn't be happening so many times. Once would be a fluke but more than that and it's probably an indication that you aren't pregnant.
Absolutely. I'm hoping that vacation will help me relax enough for it to come. But I will definitely schedule an appointment with my doctor and even take another test or two if it doesn't come by the time I get back.

I've definitely heard of some women getting quite a number of false negatives, but from what I've read, they just had really low levels of HCG.
Typically, the levels are supposed to get higher and higher every day and I'd assume that most healthy women work that way. This is also coming from forums that have women who are actively trying to conceive and actually have their partners ejaculate inside of them; we really only go without a condom for a little bit before we put one on, and I'm aware of the risk that pre-ejaculate poses, but like I said in my original post, that risk is minuscule for this particular time frame.

Thank you so much for the peace of mind, I really appreciate it. I just needed the reassurance so I could get this out of my head.