View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My little brother is being bullied and I do not know what to do. - September 6th 2016, 08:16 PM

Like it's been said, I think being there for your brother can really help. Maybe you can see if he wants to talk about what he's going through, or how he's feeling. You can even spend time with him without talking. Perhaps the two of you can see a movie, play a board game, or just sit and be present together. Even if you don't talk about what's going on, your presence can help to remind him that he's not alone and you're here for him.

You could consider showing him resources or you can give him a list of alternatives, or hotlines. Maybe you can encourage your brother to write about he's feeling, through a blog, or a journal. He can also express himself through poetry or drawing. Does your brother have any hobbies? It might help if he pursues them or looks into new ones to keep busy.

Is it possible for your brother to transfer to another school? I know going to a new school is scary, and it's an adjustment but maybe it could give him a fresh start.

I really hope things improve for your brother.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.