View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Lexihood Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lexi

Points: 4,103, Level: 9 Points: 4,103, Level: 9 Points: 4,103, Level: 9

Exclamation how do I tell my mom I think I have anxiety? - September 18th 2016, 07:50 PM

it started last year, it was late and everyone was asleep, when all of a sudden i had this overwhelming feeling of panic, and worry. noting that big was happening, at least nothing I should be freaking out about. i couldn't breathe, i felt like i was gonna throw up, i was shaking and sweating. me being me didn't want to wake anyone up so I tried to calm myself down. an hour latter I was calmed down for the most part. I tried to ignore the entire situation, and I need... until it happened at school 2 weeks latter. It was the end of my sixth period when I started to get the feeling of panic. I managed to hold it in, until a friend of mine asked if i was okay on our way to our last period. at that moment i just broke and the anxiety took over. I spent the next half hour hiccuping for breathe while my friend held me, trying to calm me. after i was calmed down and everyone was working, my teacher came up to me and started talking about anxiety disorder and that i looked exactly like she does when she gets an anxiety attack. latter that day i tried to talk to my mom abut it, but she just brushed it off as something everyone goes through. I tried to believe her. school started about a month ago and my anxiety has gotten a lot worse. I cant walk into my English class with out freaking out in the back of my mind that he's gonna call on me and i'm gonna mess up and look like and idiot. i had to drop a class with my favorite teacher cause there were so many people and it was a presentation based class. i'm losing sleep because of this. and now open house is this Wednesday and i may have told one of my teachers that i'm diagnosed with anxiety and have a therapist- which i don't. I need one but i don't have one. i need to figure out how to tell my mom before then. which is really just making me more anxious. I don't know what to do.
HELP!!!!