View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Is drugs really that bad? - September 20th 2016, 04:49 AM

For the record, alcohol is a drug and probably ruins peoples' lives more often than all other drugs combined (but I don't know that for sure).
It depends on what kind of drugs you're referring to. For example, adults who smoke weed have almost zero problems because of the weed. For people under 18 (I believe), it can stunt brain development. Old people and parents like to point out potheads like, "look at him, he smokes weed, and he's a degenerate! Weed's a gateway drug!" ...No... he's a gateway kid who likes to rebel, and he rebels by smoking weed. I smoke weed everyday. I'm completely harmless to society. I'm even happier and more energetic now. That's not to say YOU should do it (don't do it, you're not an adult). The government will throw you in jail because the people who pay the politicians (police unions, private prisons, drug companies) make money off of you sitting in a cell. But has anyone ever died from a marijuana overdose? No. It is somewhat possible to be addicted to marijuana. It's also possible to be addicted to coffee, video games, and cheese. Yes, cheese has addictive properties.
I would say everything harder than weed (and sometimes, but rarely, weed) definitely has the potential to destroy your life. Alcohol is stronger than weed. It kills people, it tears apart families. Shrooms are dangerous. A bad batch of shrooms caused the sister of a friend of mine to develop schizophrenia at the age of 16. She's 33. Hallucinogens can fuck with your mind, like LSD. Crack killed my aunt. Its supposed to feel great, but its horrible for your body and its super addictive. Cocaine is the likely reason a dude from my high school robbed a Burger King... he was a pile of shit anyway, but he was high on coke when he did it. Also terrible for your heart because it speeds it up so much. Its also possible to OD on it. Heroine sneaks up on people... it supposedly makes you feel nice at first, but its extremely addictive, and addicts need to spend more and more to have enough to get high because their tolerance goes up, and then they have enough in them to OD. Almost killed my cousin. Opium and opioids are addictive and dangerous, but I don't know much about them.
So those are the illegal drugs I can think of. Prescription drugs can ALSO destroy you if abused. Isn't it weird that marijuana is completely illegal but the government is fine with things like Vicodin and Xanax, which can both cause huge problems for your body? Anyway, I knew a kid who nearly ruined his life and got kicked out of school by nearly ODing on Vicodin. He got treatment and he's doing better now. Abilify almost got me to kill myself, and I didn't even abuse it.
Just a life lesson in general: if you ingest something and it makes you feel good, google it. It might just be bad for you. And usually, they'll make you feel like crap later. Hell, even tasty food... when I found out what kind of poison is in Ramen noodles, I never ate them again.