View Single Post
  (#8698 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26 Points: 33,969, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - September 25th 2016, 11:04 PM

Not referring to someone here. No, your can't expect the world to cater to your sensitivities. You are the one responsible for managing your triggers. Life is not inpatient. The idea that everyone else has to adjust for you doesn't fly, mostly because it's not practical. This sense of entitlement you have won't get you very far in life. I know you probably don't realize that though.

You keep reassuring me that I can do anything I want with a degree in anything because "You can make it your own" and a lot of people don't end up using the one they earn. There are three problems with this: You don't have one, so you don't know how this works, and the fact that you keep going to for-profit schools even after getting screwed proves that. This doesn't always apply when someone has a disability, and the examples you give me of people who don't use their degrees are so rich that they don't NEED to use their degrees for anything. Almost no one ends up making that much.

You keep leaving later and later. In the almost 2 years you've been doing this for her, the time you leave has shifted 3 hours. I know we need the money, but I warned you when you started of what you already knew.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; September 28th 2016 at 07:30 PM.