View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: I'm a high school senior but have never had a boyfriend - September 28th 2016, 01:36 AM

I know tons of people who made it into their 20's without having a relationship and it often wasn't because they didn't want it. I'm 25 and I speak to other humans. So I'd know that this happens. One of those people are my boyfriend and my best friend.

What I see a lot is people who think their undesirable because of their perceived "problem" in never having had a relationship before. That's obviously bad if it prevents you from putting yourself out there because otherwise you'll end up making your undesirability a "thing" which looks a lot like a monster and causes anxiety and depression. Really, its dear holding you back and ybot how desirable you are. I know you can contradict that; right now you're trying and it's not working and that's ok too. Like you might just be missing the guys who like you cause y'all don't match up. Like if I had tried dating jocks in high school I'd never have dated anyone cause they weren't my type at all even though I thought they were hot. Alas, I was a broken mess in high school and the guys who went for me (my being a broken mess, geek, smart etc) were not guys who were good for me in the long run but whatever. Sometimes, for whatever reason dating just doesn't come together in high school and it literally doesn't matter. Sometimes it sucks.

If you want to be proactive, just change up your game and date around. You can do little things like signing up for OkCupid (but seriously please be 18 first cause otherwise yikes! Normally I don't give a fuck about people lying on the internet because like I can't stop you or anyone else from doing so but lying about being a child and saying you're 18+ could get an adult into a lot of legal trouble and getting a boyfriend isn't worth ruining someone's life. Ideally just graduate high school first too even if you're 18). Ok side tangent over. Where I was going was saying that if you do small things like asking someone out for dinner or whatever it can help. You can start with online things to meet new people if you don't currently know any one that you want to spend time getting to know. You don't have to have any expectations either; you can just start with exploring relationships and seeing where it goes. Literally just go for dinner with someone with the intentions of seeing if it could be more by don't be like "ahmagawsh I luuuurve him!" Because maybe you'll go for dinner and be like meh and you can never do it again. You can just go for dinner or lunch with a current friend or something even. I did that tons. It was never a. If deal. I never dated any of them but it never mattered later because it wasn't like we'd laid our hearts on a table only to be rejected; it was literally just a lunch and it's not something we needed to tie tons of meaning to. Most of us I feel like get so much meaning tied into those tings and talk them selves out of trying.

It'll work out though. You're not even 19. Hell your definitely not even 20. I'm not worried about you. You won't need to start your spinster cat collection for st least 20 years.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions