(#3 (permalink)) Old
xLuck3Y Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,885, Level: 9 Points: 3,885, Level: 9 Points: 3,885, Level: 9

Smile Re: College forum mishap - October 22nd 2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
Hey there,

I can't guarantee what will happen, but if you haven't studied much music either inside or outside of school, I'm wondering if that will affect your chances of getting onto the music tech course? Briefly reading up on the subject online, it sounds like you'll need some skills like reading sheet music, but I'm wondering if that is a skill you will be taught along the way perhaps? You could ask the college if this would be the case, as many people may be interested in music tech but not having had much practice in music.

If either you or the college decides that music tech isn't a good option, I assume that the college would contact you and talk to you about your choice, and perhaps suggest other options or other courses that you might be interested in. Your form shouldn't be dismissed, but if you don't hear from them in a while, you can always contact them and ask where your application is in the process.

Some colleges do allow you to change your options right up until the first few weeks of term, so you should be able to change your options.

If you are unsure, you can always contact the college and ask the admissions team if your application is okay, or if you can change things. They should help you
Thanks for the quick reply, and also thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to keep in mind what youve said