View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Re: Please help me, my anxiety is ruining my relationship :'( - October 28th 2016, 03:10 PM

Hello Skye Welcome to TH

I'm not an expert, but from what you say I get the feeling that it might be best to talk to your doctor about this. I mean, you said you are on meds, so maybe they can also help you with this (to refering to meds, but maybe talking to a professional or something can be helpful)
Have you talked to your boyfriend about this? Like, told him why you do this and that you know it's wrong but that you can't help yourself? It's not gonna change what is happening or happened already, but it might help him understand you a bit better. Communication is key, in any relationship and especially if one or the other is insecure, has anxiety, etc.
I'm not sure but maybe you can finde something to make things easier on the both of you. If you work together and are both ready for some compromisses I'm sure you can work something out!

Feel free to keep us updated or ask any questions you want

Another thing I want to do is refer you to the Alternetives for SH-Threat. There's a lot of different things you can do to deal with your feelings in other ways than harming yourself.
Not all of them work for everyone and it can take some time to finde something for you, but it's worth taking a look there

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!