View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: No friends, Parents give pointless advice, no patience. - October 28th 2016, 11:08 PM

Hey there,

So, you need to remember that none of the negative thoughts you are having are true/fact. Depression/depressive thoughts cause people to feel very negatively about themselves. What's difficult is you have people, such as your friends and parents, reinforcing that these thoughts are true. Those people are wrong. I know it doesn't seem like it right now but it was probably a good thing that your friend and you ended the friendship because of the way he was treating you. Your friend should not be telling you that he is better than you in every way. He should be supporting you and encouraging you.

I think that it's difficult to deal with cultural differences at home and then have to go to a school where kids have a different cultural upbringing. That might be some of the reason your parents don't give good advice; their culture is way different than the American culture so they don't get it.

It might help if you joined some clubs at school and maybe got into volunteering or something. Joining clubs and volunteering can look good on college applications and it helps you find people that share the same interests as you.

I hope that this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.