Thread: Triggering (Abuse): My boyfriend is abusive
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: My boyfriend is abusive - November 14th 2016, 07:02 PM

I'm so very sorry that this is happening to you. It's not ok. You deserve better!
if you've already tried to end it, and he's not "letting" you end it, I think you need to reach out for help. I understand the cycle; maybe he's apologized, promised to change, maybe even cried or been thoughtful for a few days and makes you remember why you liked him to begin with. Maybe that's not the precise cycle your stuck in, but if it's at all like you, then you doubly need help. You need help because he won't let you leave.

First, tell your parents or a guidance counsellor or another adult who you can trust and who can check on you and help you get out and stay safe.

Second, tell the police. A lot of abusive boyfriends become kind of stalker-ish or aggressive after a break up and I've heard it's possible in many places just to ring up a general line or walk into a police station to make a statement so that their appraised of what's going on. If you currently have any bruises, take pictures before making the statement. They might try to get you to press chargers, which is your choice, but if you don't want to I still think they need to know so that if it comes to the point where you need to call them or get a restraining order or something then you've already initiated things.

Please, please, please do this. Be safe. Get away.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions