View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CheekyMonkey98 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,399, Level: 9 Points: 4,399, Level: 9 Points: 4,399, Level: 9

Unhappy Re: Boyfriend's drunken stepdad wanted sex, wife in denial, I feel so alone - November 15th 2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always * View Post
I'm so so sorry that this happened to you. That must have bee very so scary. And while I can empathize with your boyfriends moms reaction (imagine finding that out!) I'm sorry that her somewhat understandable reaction is so invalidating to you, it's unfair.

If you're not comfortable talking to your dad, I won't press the matter. What you need right now is an adult who you can trust to react in your best interests and sometimes a parent, while they have your best interests in mind, aren't necessarily going to be helpful - jumping immediately to effectively insisting you end your relationship isn't the only solution. But you really should talk to someone, such as a school guidance counsellor. It might help a lot and you can keep asking around until someone can help you out. For example, someone can help you to keep your relationship healthy while still maintaining boundaries to keep you away from his family (because if the stepdad is there it'll orobsblyne pretty toxic for a while) and that requires some fine handling that might not come easily to you.

How does your boyfriend feel about this situation? It sounds like he's on your side, but he still has to live in that house where he might feel uncomfortable and unsafe now. Is there anywhere else that he can stay? With another relative for example...

Again, I'm sorry that this happened.
I just don't understand how she can sit there and not be upset by it? My boyfriend told her I was scared of her husband and she literally said "Well don't invite her round then?" She is so okay with it that it disturbs me. I really don't think she believes me even though her oldest daughter said that when she was slipping in and out of consciousness, she heard my door opening and closing repeatedly around the time I reported.

His stepdad has went to attack him before, and my boyfriend's own father was abusive to him in his childhood so he has nowhere else to go. I've asked him to keep his head down but that I appreciate him defending me so much. It's a really messed up situation but my boyfriend and his family have asked me to keep it quiet as they are so embarrassed so I don't know what to do.