View Single Post
  (#8765 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 34,005, Level: 26 Points: 34,005, Level: 26 Points: 34,005, Level: 26

Re: Say something you wish you could say to their face. - November 29th 2016, 12:58 AM

"Why do you need a therapist?" Where the f*** have you been for the last 2 years?! "Why can't it be a counselor?" Again, REALLY?! In your defense I don't vent to you about any of it because you'll tell me to "suck it up" and "get over it." "If she can be a social worker, why can't you go be one too?" I'd love to know why, I didn't decide that! Plus I'm not allowed near people (valid or not.)

PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME! I know you're not supposed to, but if this goes badly, I will have been screwed over, jipped and/or traumatized by every type of mental health professional on both sides of the couch. You have no idea what I've been through or what it took to even get in to see you. DON'T BLOW IT! I don't even know where to start with this, it got so complex so fast... Part of the reason it took so long.

Maybe it's because I grew up being blamed for so much stuff it turns out I couldn't control, but I don't believe in telling kids "It's your fault" for something so trivial. I also believe that telling someone that "happiness is a choice" is like telling someone with diabetes to "just choose to produce insulin"

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Last edited by Kate*; November 30th 2016 at 03:29 PM.