View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Friend's parents - December 1st 2016, 12:10 AM

It's really bizarre, but I am actually going through the same thing with one of my friends - I am assuming we don't secretly know the same person because you're profile says you're only 16 and I'd be pretty weirded out if my 26 ear old friend was hanging out with you. I don't think there is really anything that you can do that's the "right" thing. Just be there for her.

I think you can do little things like just check in, ask her how she is doing, ask her how her parents treatments are going, and don't pry for more information than she's willing to provide, like I might want to be like "hey, so is your ad going to die?" but questions like that aren't really helpful. At all. IF she brings up test results, you can always ask her if they understand what the prognosis is like. Also, you can just ask her what she needs from you or offer to have her come stay at your home for a weekend or see if her family needs some meals cooked for them since I imagine cooking is much lower on their list of priorities right now. You can always offer such things and see if its needed.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions