Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Dancing- extreme anxiety
View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Dancing- extreme anxiety - December 2nd 2016, 11:12 PM

I hate dancing. I danced at my brothers wedding but I had a little bit of alcohol in me. I don't advise it but if you are gonna drink and dance I suggest you don't get drunk and then try and dance because it can lead to their being embarrassing pictures or videos up that you'll probably regret.

My question though, why do you have to dance? The only people that have to dance are the bride and groom and then the mother of the groom and the father of the bride (Unless they opt out of that dance). I was a bridesmaid in my other brothers wedding and I didn't have to dance. Did someone tell you that you have to dance? Are they doing one of those synchronized dances?

If you have a dancing partner, you can also tell them ahead of time that you don't know how to dance and they can kind of guide you or help you out. My dad likes to dance and he's dragged me on the dance floor a few times. I just let him kind of show me. Also, if you are dancing in a group of people all you have to do is move your body back and forth. I've done that a few times on the dance floor. I am still extremely self conscious but at least I am moving and not just standing there doing nothing.

Best of luck.