View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
nothereanymore Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 19,331, Level: 20 Points: 19,331, Level: 20 Points: 19,331, Level: 20

OCD, derma/trichotillomania, serious anxiety issues? - December 16th 2016, 11:17 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi. I don't know what to think of this so I apologize if anything is unclear.
I have pretty bad anxiety. It's a constant social/general/physical anxiety (physical meaning my body is restless even when my mind is not) complete with panic attacks as well. I wonder if these symptoms are simply part of my anxiety disorder that aren't being addressed or if I have something more. Forgive me for the self-diagnosing melodrama.

-Obsessive thoughts of harm coming to me (car accident, fire, sudden health issues [aneurysm rupturing], rape)
-Constant fidgeting (moving my foot in a fixed pattern, often subconsciously, 24/7; picking as if there are hangnails on my thumb)
-Unacceptable urges (vocalizing [shouting, screaming, saying something random], violent and/or sexual [slapping, pushing, verbally attacking someone; touching or kissing someone]) EDIT: I have NEVER acted on these. They're thoughts and impulses that pass through my head.
-Obsessive thoughts in general (replaying memories, visualizing real and fictitious scenarios 24/7)
-Picking at: scabs or blemishes until there is significant bleeding; tonsil stones despite my tonsils being very swollen and painful from illness (cannot NOT do it; obsessive thoughts and the urge to get rid of something that shouldn't be there)
-Urges to pull hair out

Any thoughts are welcome. I have a therapist and psychiatrist and will be speaking to them about this.

Last edited by nothereanymore; December 17th 2016 at 04:55 AM.