Thread: Triggering (ED): Changes to my period?
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Changes to my period? - December 17th 2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceCommander View Post
Thanks for your reply, Brittany. It's still happening. I bleed very lightly for a day or two and then nothing happens for a couple of days, then I get cramps and start having light bleeding again. I don't think it's anything I want to see a doctor about (because I don't want them to know I have an eating disorder); it's more annoying than anything else. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same experience.
Hey Jordan,

I understand not wanting to go to see your doctor about this, however I do think that if it continues you really should reach out for medical help. A symptom of Eating Disorders include abdominal pain/discomfort which might be a reason that you're getting cramps. Are you having normal bowel movements? It might also be constipation.

When it comes to losing your period, you're correct most of the time women will lose their menstrual period. I still think that you're seeing spotting as your body is attempting to shed your endometrium. Also, I'm not sure if you eventually want to have children, but by losing your period it might make you have a harder time being able to conceive when you're ready to.

When you have an Eating Disorder you're body starts to lose on some of the female hormones within your system, which is one of the main reasons you lose your period.

I hope this helps!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)