View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
elec Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abbey

Points: 4,127, Level: 9 Points: 4,127, Level: 9 Points: 4,127, Level: 9

Dropping out of high school - January 10th 2017, 11:09 PM

I'm 14 at the moment and am planning on dropping out of high school when I'm 16. By then I'll be in fifth year. I've never felt motivated to go to school or go to college and I'm growing more and more unmotivated every day. I find school pointless and boring, nothing they teach me is going to help me in real life or with the career I pursue. I find it impossible to learn anything in a typical school environment and I feel I could use the time better learning things that will actually help me in life, most of which is not thought in school. I've heard all the typical arguments about why education is important and you should finish high school and all that but that just motivates me further to drop out. I also often hear about other alternatives to dropping out such as transferring schools or talking to a guidance councillor but I really don't think they'll solve my issues with school.
Anyway if I decide later in life I want an education I can always get and GED or equivalent and then go to college and get a degree etc. I know that's not the standard way but I think I would be much more happy and would be the overall better option for me. I have a plan for what I will do once I leave school.
Anyway to the point. Do you have any advise for someone in my situation? And please if you can offer different advice to the standard "don't be stupid" advice I am use to receiving.