View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Dropping out of high school - January 11th 2017, 11:06 PM

There are plenty of times in high school I took courses that I had no interest in. In fact most courses I had no interest in. But even more irksome, I took courses in college that I had no interest in because they were mandated. So not only did I not like the course, but I was paying to be there.

And this is what I have learned about taking classes that are boring or seem to have no relevance to my life. They teach you patience. They teach you that sometimes you have to work through something you don't want to, to achieve a better goal. They teach you that in life there are always hoops you have to jump through. You can't just quit when things start to get boring, or seem not relevant. There are ALWAYS things to learn in life, they just might not be obvious.

Dropping out will only make your life harder. Your job options will be highly limited with no room for promotion. And there is a reason for this. When you sit down for a job interview and tell your interviewer you have not completed high school or your GED your potential employer has no proof that you can stick to something. They have no proof that you know what it means to be committed to something or that you understand responsibility or hard work. And while you can try to explain the best that you can that you will be an asset to their company, the proof of that will be lacking. And that will be your downfall. Why hire someone who appears that they can't commit to a couple more years of school over someone who proved that they can commit? The job market is highly competitive and you need every advantage you can get over someone else. And an employer will take a high school grad over a non high school grad any day.

I know it seems cumbersome. I have been there, I have questioned what the purpose of it all is. And when you finish school and look back all you will be is grateful that you stuck it out. And that I can promise you.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~