View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
asian persuasion Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicole

Points: 10,914, Level: 15 Points: 10,914, Level: 15 Points: 10,914, Level: 15

Re: Not sure if going back to school is for me. - January 16th 2017, 08:36 PM

Hey Ade!

Not a parent but I did return to school after taking some time off for personal reason. The biggest thing to remember is that school isn't a race. It's okay to only take 3 or 6 credits a semester and work on finding what you feel is a healthy balance between your personal life, including family, and your education.

I would definitely recommend taking it easy when you start since it is a huge transition. Some of my biggest suggestions would be:

• Take classes that are interesting to you. In my experience, I have been more motivated to do well in classes I liked.
  • Use the resources your campus provides. A lot of schools offer free tutoring and academic help, financial help, and even specific resources for parents, non-traditional students, etc.
  • Online classes. Personally I do not have the motivation to do these but they work really well for some people's learning style.
  • Find what works best for you. College is not a one-size-fits-all thing, and it's okay to try different things until you find what works best for you. Don't give up if you can't find it right away!
I know this advice was pretty general, but I hope it still helped some! Best of luck to you and your academic endeavors!

Last edited by asian persuasion; January 16th 2017 at 08:38 PM. Reason: didnt post the whole post oops