View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: Gray area concerning recreational marijuana? - January 17th 2017, 03:37 AM

Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with smoking weed. I think it should be legalized and taxed everywhere just like alcohol and cigarettes.

You are not breaking state law in the state in which you work if you smoke weed in Colorado - however, unfortunately, largely because marijuana is still illegal under federal law, employers can still fire you (even in Colorado) for failing a marijuana urine screen.

Also- if you have any marijuana that was legal in Colorado, it is illegal to bring that into the state where you work- there is no understanding or exceptions for that in any neighboring state ( I think- I know at least nebraska and oklahoma don't see this as any different as having weed you bought illegally and it is now legal in nevada). Other than maybe Arizona and New Mexico (idk anything about this state), the other (non-legal) states bordering Colorado seem pretty restrictive when it comes to marijuana. In fact, Nebraska and Oklahoma tried to file a federal lawsuit last year (which the supreme court refused to hear) against Colorado for legalizing marijuana.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.