Thread: Triggering (Abuse): monologue on DV for college
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
dimpleofbeauty Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angel

Points: 9,253, Level: 14 Points: 9,253, Level: 14 Points: 9,253, Level: 14

monologue on DV for college - January 19th 2017, 08:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

**TRIGGERING** So i do Performing Arts at college and in May we have to perform in a university and it's devising pieces on real life issues this includes DV and as the teachers know i'm a voluntary support worker for children who are affected by DV. They want me to write and act out a piece as i'm the child affected. So i wrote this i'm sorry if it Triggers anyone it has already made me cry when i read back on it but that's how i will probably act it out through tears.

'Mammy... Mammy I'm scared. Daddy... Daddy why did you leave mammy for dead? I feel so alone, I don't want to go in a foster home. Daddy said if I told anyone he would lock me in the scary dark attic again daddy is coming for me. I'm crying... I'm shaking someone please HELP ME! I just want me and mammy to be safe I don't want to cry, I just want to be happy and not hear the screams and banging of doors. I look... I see mammy's bruised body lying on the floor. I really don't want this anymore. Daddy is really angry while hanging over her holding the ladder he used to hit her with. I look at him and begin to cry, he looks over to me with fear from his eyes comes a tear. Daddy what did me and mammy do wrong? To deserve this torture for so long. The thumping of the ladder is playing over in my brain... Mammy please wake up this is not a game... I know our life will never be the same.... Then the ambulance came.'