(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23 Points: 26,125, Level: 23

Re: Alone at school - January 20th 2017, 09:58 PM

Hi,

Congratulations on your new school! Are you enjoying it better than your old school aside from this situation? As a current high school teacher myself, I can't say I would be any less obnoxious about it. From my perspective, my kids don't just learn academic skills in school, they also learn communication, social, and socio-emotional skills that will really benefit them for the rest of their lives, particularly during college as they are sort of thrown into a very new environment and once they graduate college and begin to search for a job (when those skills are truly required). However, also from my perspective, if I saw someone sort of isolating themselves from other kids, I would be less concerned if, say... they showed interest in something. Or if they were reading a book. Or if I knew they were involved in some sort of extracurricular activity.

I hear your frustration, but I am glad to know you're in a school where they teachers care about you as a person and not just as a student.

All the best,
Katrina