View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Bloody_Obsession Offline
Sam, The Almighty
Average Joe

Name: Jason

Points: 11,315, Level: 15 Points: 11,315, Level: 15 Points: 11,315, Level: 15

Re: Need help picking a new name (Trans, FTM) - January 26th 2017, 01:04 AM

Hey there, congratulations! Accepting yourself and making the motion to make things happen in your life is a huge step and you should be super proud of yourself! Heck, I am uber proud of you. I know just how big of a step that is. Picking a name can be difficult. For example, I was born Samantha. However, I go by Sam, and that is what most people refer to me as. I know it would be difficult for them to remember to call me by my preferred name. That is why I intend to include Sam in my new name somewhere, probably as my middle name. If you think you may be in the same boat, I would suggest maybe considering the same thing. Ultimately, the decision is entirely up to you. It is a matter of which name you think would make you feel most masculine, as well as fit your personality. Personally, I like the name Tyler a bit more than Marshall. To me, it just has more of a masculine ring to it. Now, you can of course go with a name as suggested above, one that is more closely tied to your name. I myself don't necessarily agree with that. This you embracing... you. You as a better version of yourself with a fresh start. You name could be a new beginning. I myself am torn between the name Jason and Jace. It is a tough decision, but I know you can do it. Congratulations again. If you need anybody to talk to, feel free to PM me anytime. I am going to work on being a bigger part of this website, again. I also identify as FTM. However, I have yet to do a name change, begin T, and most people don't refer to me as the correct pronoun. If you need somebody that can relate, I'm here.

Sincerely,
Sam

*I bleed for you that's why I cut those simple scars are just deep thoughts.
*Take it from someone who's fallen... it's a long way down.
*Rock bottom is good solid ground, and a dead end street is just a place to turn around.