Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: school depression. - February 5th 2017, 08:18 PM

Hey Frankie.

Thank you for coming to us here! I hope we can help

I think it's brilliant and amazing you have started school again although I can imagine just how hard this must be for you and can relate to this. But you have to remember you ARE doing it which proves you CAN do it. It doesn't matter if you need to go to someone many times a day if it means you are getting the help and support you deserve to help you get through school. And when it comes to having panic attacks and dissociating in class, that is nothing to worry about but you need to find a way to manage it perhaps.

I know grounding myself can help very much with these. So I often go to an empty room with someone I trust (it could even be your service dog) and sit down on a chair and feel the chair with my hands and look around me to keep reminding myself where I am and I am safe and I take several deep breathes, in through my nose and out through my mouth. This can really help settle me. So can carrying a body mist/spray that I find smells comforting to help and even doing the "5 things" game which is where you find 5 things you can see, 5 things you can smell, 5 things you can touch, 5 things you can hear and 5 things you can taste which also helps me. Of course different things help different people so it might be trial and error for a while but don't give up on everything when something doesn't work.

And remember the support is there for a reason and that you are doing great.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018