Thread: Triggering: Anxiety Support
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
MandoMarbles Offline
MandoMarbles
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,777, Level: 9 Points: 3,777, Level: 9 Points: 3,777, Level: 9

Anxiety Support - February 12th 2017, 07:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

A few months ago I started having panic attacks. I would sit in my room, sometimes for hours, crying and terrified. I felt like I couldn't breathe and I was shaking. I became depressed. During my panic attacks would would feel like I was going crazy and sometimes I would even think about killing myself. After a few weeks I finally talked to my mom about it. She said she would help me, but she never did. I ended up having to work through it myself. While my friends were supportive of me, they've never gone through anxiety and just don't understand. Then my mom began telling me that I wasn't having "real" panic attacks and my dad insisted that I should just "suck it up" and "stop acting like a three year old". But I began to do things to prevent my anxiety. I brought a stuffed whale with me wherever I went. I wrote out my feelings through the form of stories whenever I was upset. And I seemingly got better. But, I had another panic attack earlier (in front of everyone at church too) and I don't know what to do. I feel overwhelmed. My parents won't help me, and my friends just don't understand. What should I do?