.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: smoking and alcohol - February 23rd 2017, 09:46 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough time. I completely understand where you're coming from. Back a year or so ago, I was going through a really tough time as well. I ended up going to the liquor store almost every day to get a new bottle of alcohol. I would then hide in my room and drink until I passed out. On day's I had to go to school I would still drink as soon as I woke up and text my friend to see if she could drive me in. I became so reliable on other people.

Eventually I realized that I wasn't getting anywhere with drinking everyday. So what I started doing was put the money that I would spend on alcohol into a jar (I live in Canada, so the alcohol is fairly expensive here). Then I would start doing other things in place of drinking, mostly listening to music and going for walks. Eventually I was able to use that money to purchase something that would be more beneficial to me. I still get urges to drink when things are not going my way, but I am stronger then the urges.

I think that you should try doing this to see if it helps you at all. You should also consider going to see a therapist who specializes in addiction.

Now, I can't really offer much insight to smoking as whenever I smoke cigarettes I get sick to my stomach. However, I think that the same solution could work for this.

I hope you start feeling better soon! I'm sure you will come up with some strategies to help you feel better.

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.