(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Self Harm Thoughts - February 25th 2017, 09:50 PM

Hi there.

Thank you for coming to us here for some help. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time and I am glad you have reached out for help because you don't deserve to be alone in it.

I think it is honestly really amazing that you have gone that length of time with out self harming and that is something you should be really proud of because it is you who has done. It is you who has put in all the hard work to stay in control of the urges and who hasn't acted. You are self harm free because you have worked hard and its an amazing achievement.

Has anything happened recently to trigger of these horrible urges to harm yourself? It sounds like they are rather intense and I am just wondering whether something has happened or is happening or maybe there is someting you are worried about or that is playing on your mind. If there isn't then that is okay but I just wanted you to know if there is something and you would like to talk to us about it then you are more than welcome to and we will always be here to listen and to try and help you as best as we can. We care about you and want to help in anyway. We won't ever judge you either.

I am also wondering what you feel you will gain from self harming? Many people who self harm hurt themselves for different reasons. Not everyone does it for the same reason. What do you feel you will gain from engaging in self harm?

I know it is really hard for you right now but you are worth so much more than self harm and you honestly do not deserve to hurt yourself in anyway. Have you tried using distractions and alternatives? I know it can get tiring but it is something I really want to encourage you to do. I am not going to lie and say everything will help because not everything will but there will be things that do help you so its about trial and error and finding the things that do help you and not giving up on everything when something doesn't work.

And just remember you are not alone in this either. So many people love and care about you including us here at Teenhelp. I would hate you to struggling in silence alone so please know you can always come to us. We're here to help and we are more than happy to do our best to help you.

Hope and wishes.
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018