View Single Post
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19 Points: 18,584, Level: 19

Re: "My Bullied Son's Last Day on Earth" - April 29th 2009, 01:56 AM

I've gotta agree with YourNightmare in a way. I don't have much sympathy for the victims to commit suicide. Granted I don't have sympathy for anyone who commits suicide (though I am for euthanasia if your gonna die in 3 months of a slow painful death but that's different). But the act of suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. That being said this story scares the shit out of me and here's why. My younger brother just turned 12, last month a 7th grader flicked him off in the cafeteria and called him a homo. Now my brother is not gay but he happens to be a dancer, so he often gets teased for this. When this happened the principal met with my mother and explained that the boy was being talked to but he had I can't quite remember the name of the disease but it's some muscle deterioration disease apparently all of the kids in this boys family has it. So my mother figured that maybe the kid was just jealous because he's going to end up in a wheel chair while my brother can tap dance some adult's asses off. My mother said that didn't excuse it but she understood why it happened. You want to know my thoughts, I want to beat the shit out of the little bastard, I won't of course but I imagine doing it. Let me tell you that would make him think twice before making anymore comments. Anyway I'm off topic a bit. I have to say that even with my personal experience in bullying (I wasn't only verbally abused in middle school but physically too) I have to say that kids grow up, most grow out of it. I used to sit outside the bathroom where we changed for PE listening to the girls talk about me, but I have fine relations with them now. Really I think the only kids that you have to worry about not growing out of their bullying are the ones that are violent. But some of these "victims" need to just toughen up. I went through it and am fine my father went through it even worse and he didn't even have a family that cared but he's fine, and my brother's going to be fine. You take your insults and you go on because that's the way it is. It would be lovely if it wasn't that way and we should try to fix it but until it is fixed deal with it.

And one last very important thing, people seem to be missing the main problem with this situation. It's the fact that being called gay is an insult in the first place. That being called gay is seen as embarrassing and wrong. Because you know I bet gay people don't get to offended when you accuse them of being straight.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin