(#5 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Cutting infections - March 5th 2017, 08:04 PM

Hey Lauren!

Thank you for coming to us here at Teenhelp. I am glad you are reaching out for help. I just wanted to remind you that we are not trained professionals so we can only speak of experience and our own knowledge.

I have had this many times but for me it never was a sign of infection, I believe. Signs of infection include:
  • Redness spreading around the area and the wound looking "angry".
  • The wound feeling hot
  • High temperature
  • Hot and cold flushes
  • Puss leaking out (green or yellow) and it can be quite gungy
  • An off putting smell

These are the beginning symptoms of infection and can get worse and more symptoms can be found if it were to get worse and develop into something more serious such as Sepsis (however I doubt this is the case! Don't panic!) but if you are worried it might be worth getting in with your nurse at your doctor's surgery soon. You can also get sprays etc for infection but if the infection gets worse, you may need a course of anti-biotics to help clear the infection up. However if you become to feel seriously unwell at any point, seek medical attention.

I realise you haven't asked for help about the self harming so I won't go in to it too much but I do want you to know that if you want to or feel you need to talk about it then we are always here and are more than happy to try our best to help and support you through it. You are never alone in this and I just want to say that you are worth so much more than self harm and you don't deserve it at all.

I know it's probably hard right now but keep on fighting and never suffer in silence. You are not alone.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018