(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lauren5115 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Points: 3,970, Level: 9 Points: 3,970, Level: 9 Points: 3,970, Level: 9

Re: Cutting infections - March 6th 2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassado View Post
I didn't read fully through all of the replies you got, but I wanted to add something to what has been said.

How long did it take for you to see the yellow? The reason I ask is because you said you cut a new spot on your arm recently and if you see yellow when you cut or shortly afterwards, it is probably fat tissue. Fat tissue tends to be yellow or white in color whereas muscle, from what I understand, is a dark red color.

It could be that the new spot on your arm had thinner skin, or is constructed slightly differently inside due to its location or just because that's how your body is.

Others have listed signs of infection so do keep watch for those. In the meantime, try to keep your cuts clean. A professional once told me that one of the best ways of doing it is using a gentle bar soap and water in the shower.

Take care.

Thank you for your help, I saw yellow right after they like scabbed or closed i don't know what word to use but yeah I think that's what it is, it doesn't really hurt so I don't think it's an infection ... Do u know if fat tissue will leave a different scar like worse? Or better or even none at all?