View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ShareThisDragon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: MJ

Points: 9,729, Level: 14 Points: 9,729, Level: 14 Points: 9,729, Level: 14

Re: Am I being bullied? - April 29th 2009, 03:27 AM

especially since you don't feel comfortable talking to your parents, i think the counselor is a good place to start. she/he should at least be able to give you some moral support, even if they can't force this girl to take down her postings. and you deserve to have someone on your side, what she's doing is not fair.

i'm sorry that confrontation didn't work. it was certainly brave of you to give it a try. it's not right that she's making you feel you need to hide from people in the stalls all day- don't let her make you feel that way! try and drag out that Elanor Roosevelt quote- "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent" and repeat it to yourself. i KNOW how much it can hurt and eat at you just dwelling on one persons hostility towards you sometimes, but it is possible to change your focus, and realize that you have worth and value quite independent of other people's opinions, especially mean people's.

as for what to do now...here's how i would look at the situation. i think at this point i would give up on confrontation in the future- she's too entrenched and you are not going to make her like you or cause her to turn kind by complaining to her about her own actions. but that's ok. who cares if she likes you.

i would ignore the postings to some extent. whether she did them out of anger, hate, resentment, or jealousy (yes this as quite a possibility, she might wish she was as sincere as you so she calls you a poser...), she was probably hoping to get some kind of rise out of you. to see you suffer from it. how do you thwart her? don't suffer. act like you have suddenly changed your mind and it doesn't bother you in the least. talk to all the people you would normally talk to and go about your business at school normally. don't publicly complain about what she wrote.

if someone asks you about it, or brings it up in front of you, just calmly explain that you saw what she wrote, and it isn't true. you can employ things like "i don't know why she thinks that. it isn't true." or "yeah, i know, but it isn't true so i don't want to dwell on it."

you might want to get a few friends to help you and repeat these lines whenever they become necessary. with you and your close friends repeating the same thing whenever it is brought up, the topic will get boring. not only that, you will look like the cool and level-headed one, and she will look like the hot-headed one. who has more credibilty? you. and you are calmly stating that what she wrote isn't true.

if she makes another "attack" and writes other unjust things online, stick to your guns, keep your calm, and keep repeating the "it's not true, therefore i don't care" mantra in school. it might take a while, but eventually SHE will get bored and fed up with slandering you too. its just no fun if the target doesn't get angry, right? she may still resent you. she may strongly dislike you. but she will probably do so quietly and for the most part leave you alone. and then you will be the winner.