View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Natalie27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nat

Points: 3,906, Level: 9 Points: 3,906, Level: 9 Points: 3,906, Level: 9

Re: School Support ?? - March 14th 2017, 06:56 AM

Thank you very much for the ongoing support. It's greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan09220114 View Post
>> In regards to school, I'm meaning assessment like English, Maths and Science tasks etc. I will receive one on one help outside of school but wish it was possible to have more of that during school or even classes.

- I am so glad that you are getting help outside. I know the school work in the final year can be really tough, so wish you all the best!

And hey, did you just mentioned Math and Science? I can help out with that! Just PM me if you need help on these two subjects and I will try to help you as much as I can. Sorry for English though since I am horrible in English

>> In regards to the topic of school work, I'm meaning what more/extra help or support I can get in school other then assessment extensions etc like eg. a short time out of class if I need it due to not coping etc.

- I would say yes, you should talk to them about your needs. I do not know how school is in your country (AUS), but I am imagining it to be much more liberal than mine.

Here it's very suffering. I had no extra guidance at school even if I couldnt follow them well. Sometimes when I have panic attacks in class, I will have to leave the class for a short time (just like what you described). It's difficult, but I manage to get over them. It takes so much time to study at home alone. I can't afford to skip classes either, even if I know studying alone is much more efficient without being anxious in class. So it has to go on this way without an option.

For your case however, I think its possible for you to discuss with them about your needs. Especially if you have problems with coping with classes. Remember that it's not your fault, and you don't have to be ashamed with it. Just say it to them what you need, and negociate to agreement both sides. It might not always work but I can imagine some will be accepted, hopefully making your life in school less stressful.

Hope it helps! And its good to know that you are open with other's ideas as well