View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Go0p Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,589, Level: 8 Points: 3,589, Level: 8 Points: 3,589, Level: 8

Re: Total loss claim check taken by parents - March 23rd 2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassado View Post
I am not sure how that would work, but since both your names were on the check, I do think the honorable thing for your parents to do would have been to keep your grandmother's half and given you your half. Do you think you can talk to them about it?

I think asking for 1k back and keeping the car, and using it until it breaks down on you is fair. You might be able to get at least a little bit of use out of it until you need to look for something else. I think as far as breaking down goes, you could cross that bridge when you come to it. It seems like having more issues with it down the line are inevitable but it could work for a little while. It might come to a point where the cost of the repairs exceed the value of the car, and when it does get there, it will make more sense to get something else and perhaps your parents could help you with that.
I can certainly try to talk to them about it. The thing is when it actually comes time to take action, I don't know how to express myself, and when I do express myself I leave out some stuff, and some of those things are important towards my augment.

Once again, I agree with you. The car will last me X amount of time. I don't know how long it will last. But, like you said we should talk about the car breaking down once it actually happens. Well, I feel like that entire future situation can be avoided if they just let me purchase my own car that I know is in good condition and will last longer than the one they're offering me.