View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Go0p Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,589, Level: 8 Points: 3,589, Level: 8 Points: 3,589, Level: 8

Re: Total loss claim check taken by parents - March 23rd 2017, 05:07 PM

I wasn't named as the insurance holder for the same reason as yours.
The check was written to me and my grandma, so I agree with you we should split the check 50/50, especially since I cashed it using MY bank account.

I actually paid for 100% of the insurance, my grandma didn't pay anything, she's only involved because the policy was in her name and because the car was in her name.

I agree with you, that is why I'm hesitant in getting this car from my step dad. The thing is the car has been I'm multiple states. The car is no longer in the state where It was declared as a total loss. The laws in my state say you can get a clean title even if the car was declared a total loss/salvage in another state. That's where the issue is, the car was declared total loss/salvage in another state.

I can bring my own mechanic to check the car out but I'm familiar with cars as well and I've already made my judgement. Also, I don't think my parents would appreciate the fact I'm bringing a mechanic to check the car out. That's saying something though, isn't it. Plus, if I try to bring my own mechanic they would say not to because there are mechanics at the shop they have the car at. But obviously, those mechanics are going to side with them and are going to be biased. So to me, they are not trustworthy.