View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11

Re: Can I drive if I'm taking medication? - April 30th 2017, 07:51 AM

Yes you can still drive with just about any prescription medication and just about any diagnosis.

Heck I've been diagnosed with all sorts of things, and I've taken just about every medication there is over the years, and the only time I stopped driving was when I was so sick I knew I just wasn't well enough to drive. First I stopped driving on the freeway because things were just happening too fast for me. Then I stopped driving on city streets unless I had someone with me, because I was just too unsure of myself. But that had nothing to do with the medication, and everything to do with me not being well enough to drive.

I think the only diagnosis that would prevent one from driving is epilepsy, where one would be in danger of having a seisure while driving, which obviously you wouldn't want to risk, but even in that case I think you can get your license if you haven't had a seisure in over a year, or a sufficiently long period, and the doctor feels it's unlikely you'll ever have another seisure.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.