View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: My Little Brother is Getting Bullied. I Need Help! - May 10th 2017, 02:09 PM

Hey Mango, welcome to the site.

How do you feel about the decision you made regarding asking your mom not to take your brother's phone away? If you feel like you asked for what was best for your brother, then you made the right decision.

You said you want to talk to him but you don't want to push him. Maybe you can let him know that you are there for him if he'd like to talk about his experiences in school.

Something else you can try is spending extra time with him. You could watch YouTube videos with him, or you could both watch your own videos in the same room. Sometimes just being present with someone helps and this could be especially true if your brother is having a hard time discussing the bullying.

Is therapy an option that is available to your brother? Perhaps you can talk to your mom about considering it if that is an option for you. Your brother might find it easier to talk to someone with an outside perspective, particularly someone he doesn't see everyday. He is younger, so therapy may include playing games, drawing feelings, or just talking, but those things make therapy enjoyable as sometimes just talking and therapy work alone can feel difficult.

Have your parents considered talking to your brother's teachers, or to someone at the school, like a guidance counselor or a principal? Bullying is hard to work on in schools, but working on it at a younger age (such as in elementary school) may be a little easier.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers