Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,806, Level: 29 Points: 40,806, Level: 29 Points: 40,806, Level: 29

Re: Lonely - May 13th 2017, 06:28 PM

Hey Danielle,

I remember going through something very similar when I was in middle school. I had just moved, had no friends, and was turned down every time I asked a classmate if I could sit with them at lunch on my first day. I definitely understand the feelings of loneliness, self-doubt, and isolation that those situations can bring.

Have you talked to your other friends about why they weren't around at lunch? If you don't want to bring up the way it made you feel, that's perfectly fine. Instead, you can simply say something like "I missed you at lunch yesterday! What were you up to?". It's possible that they had something to do, such as meeting with a teacher or finishing up an assignment. I'm willing to bet that the reason has nothing to do with you and hearing reinforcement of that from your friends (even if it's not direct) might help you feel better about things.

It's understandable that you're starting to feel a sense of loneliness as the end of the school year approaches. It can be tough from going to seeing your friends 5 days a week to not being sure when you'll be able to spend time with them. Perhaps you could talk to your friends about not wanting to lose touch with them over the summer and try to set up a regular time for all of you to hang out. For example, you could set a standing coffee date with them for every Tuesday to ensure that, no matter what else you're all up to this summer, you have that time to spend with each other and catch up. If physically seeing each other weekly isn't an option, you can also try to set up a weekly Skype date or phone call with your friends.

While feeling lonely can happen, try to remember that your friends genuinely care about you. I'm sure they feel very lucky to have you as a part of their lives.

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.