View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Elle_94 Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 7,378, Level: 12 Points: 7,378, Level: 12 Points: 7,378, Level: 12

I love being alone. Is there something wrong with me? - June 11th 2017, 09:35 PM

Hi all,

I'm a nineteen year old girl, currently at university (I live at home, not in halls/with friends, if that impacts anything) and I'm working part time at a local secondary school. I have a long term partner, who I love a lot, and I'm very close to my mum and older sister. I have a small group of friends (though not close friends) at university and one or two others that I still see from school. But I'm realising more and more that I just love being on my own. I love being home alone, I love shopping alone, eating alone, going to the cinema alone... you name it. I love my partner and my family, and I do enjoy spending time with them perhaps once or twice a week but I just don't exactly miss them when they're not around.
As I said in terms of friends, I have some, but I'm not close to them and to be honest I have no real interest in trying to form a more solid friendship with any of them, or meeting new friends either. I don't really make much effort to see them outside of uni, it's an 'every so often' sort of thing, and I do feel bad about it sometimes but It just doesn't interest me. I'd rather just do my own thing, without anyone else there. But then I feel like at nineteen, I should be really enjoying nights out with friends and shopping trips with other girls and stuff. And people always tell me that uni is the place you make your life long friends, but that's not really happening for me. I'm kinda worried there's something wrong with me or that I'm just weird. I worry that I'll end up completely alone. I don't mean to be mean or rude to others in my life, I just really like my own company.

Thank you in advance
Elle