Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Lonely.
View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Lonely. - June 22nd 2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomachia. View Post

It's okay to miss "her", as long as you don't put your life on hold waiting for her to come back. You can miss someone even with the knowledge that they're gone for good or that they can't be in your life at the moment for whatever reason, and not have it be a negative feeling. It's how you deal with it that matters, and the important thing is to not let this longing stop you from living your life.
Exactly, Chess said it perfectly. It's ok to miss her and the good times you had together, but don't let that force you to put your life on hold. As I said in a previous thread a while back, I once had this friend that I pined over horribly. I actually haven't thought of her in close to a month until the other day. I can't remember exactly why because, oooh... it's not important. I mean, it probably was at the time but it didn't have such a huge impact on me that I'm still wondering about it and missing her. That's how it will be with you and this girl some day.

I agree that becoming an animal rights activist sounds like a wonderful idea! I am particularly devoted to raising awareness on trap-neuter-return and emphasize the importance of speutering cats, to reduce stray/feral/unwanted cats. Reading is another great outlet and like Chess said, you might connect with a character and find yourself in them. Also, you can join reading clubs so when you do read books and want to discuss them, you have a group to go to!

Of course, there is the TeenHelp book club as well!
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1287350 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!