(#7 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Telling parents?? - June 25th 2017, 07:28 PM

Hey

Thank you for coming to us for some help and support. I think it's great you want help and that you've decided to talk to your mum about it. It's hard (and brave) step to take and hopfully it will really help!

It can be hard telling someone we love, who also loves us that we're in so much emotional pain that we've resulted to hurting ourselves and it's going to be hard for your mum to find out and you need to bare that in mind but also remember it's because she loves and cares about you.

I think the best way is to get some time where she isn't busy so you can sit down with her and have the conversation. Many people find themselves avoiding it even when they've sat down with a parent but I think the best way to do it is just to come out with it. Be honest and tell her. Maybe you could then explain how you feel emotionally and why you have been self harming (as in how it makes you feel better and how it works for you).

Though sometimes people find it too hard to say it. I know a lot of people who have found writing a letter very helpful. So if you really feel you can not have that conversation, you can say all the same things, but in a letter and wait for her to come to you.

I want to stress that sometimes people don't have the best first reaction but that is panic setting in with them (because they care and love). Sometimes they will be supportive right from the conversation. I don't know how your mum is going to respond but remember she loves you. No matter how old you get you will always be her baby girl and she will, I am sure, try to help you in the best way she can and as much as she can.

Please know we're always here if you want to talk about anything of if you need further help with talking to your mum about it. Its going to be a tough one and be scary but you can do it and you deserve her help and support. Never be alone.

Hope and wishes,
Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018